The EIC Accelerator focuses in particular on innovations building on scientific discovery or technological breakthroughs (“deep tech”) and where significant funding is needed over a long timeframe before returns can be generated (“patient capital”).
DATE FOR SUBMISSION
- Short application: any time
- Full application upon invitation after approval of the short application in 2023: 11 January, 22 March, 7 June and 4 October.
ABOUT THE CALL
The EIC Accelerator focuses in particular on innovations building on scientific discovery or technological breakthroughs *(“deep tech”) and where significant funding is needed over a long timeframe before returns can be generated (“patient capital”).
The EIC Accelerator is for innovators with ground-breaking concepts that could shape new markets or disrupt existing ones in Europe and worldwide.
EIC Accelerator helps you develop your business concept further into a market-ready product, service or process aligned with your company's growth strategy. Activities could, for example, include product/service development, trials, prototyping, validation, demonstration and testing in real-world conditions and market replication.
Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of 5/6 or above is required.
Project duration for grant component: up to 24 months (TRL 5/6 – TRL 8).
Project duration for investment component: tbd during investment agreement negotiations (TRL 9 and beyond).
WHO - ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS
The EIC Accelerator is a mono-beneficiary scheme. Single SMEs (Small and Medium sized Enterprises), including young companies and start-ups, from any sector. You must be established in an EU Member State or a Horizon Europe Associated Country.
In exceptional cases and for rapid scaleup purpose only (TRL 9) small mid-cap companies with up to 500 employees may apply for investment component only.
The EIC Accelerator provides a unique combination of funding from €0.5 to €17.5 million and Business Acceleration services (BAS).
Types of funding:
- Maximum €2.5 million for grant (70% co-financing)
- From €0.5 to €15 million for equity investment only
- From €0.5 to €17.5 million for grant and investment funding (blended finance)
- Personnel Costs
- Other Direct Costs
- Travel (travel + accommodation)
- Equipment depreciation
- Other goods and services (material costs, external services)
- Subcontracting Costs (may be an essential part of the project implementation activities, but should not be a disproportionate part of the total estimated eligible costs)
- Indirect Costs – 25 % of direct costs (subcontracting excluded)
The application process consists of 5 steps
- Step 0: Discovery / Diagnostic modules
- Step 01: Short application (5-page form, pitch deck, video presentation)
- Step 02: Preparation of full application
- Step 03: Submission and remote evaluation
- Step 04: Face-to-face interviews
The Challenges in 2023:
- Novel Biomarker-based assays to guide personalized cancer treatment
- Aerosol and surface decontamination for pandemic management
- Energy storage
- New European Bauhaus: Digitisation for sustainable and inclusive built environment
- Quantum computers hardware and real environment quantum sensors
- Sustainable and resilient agriculture
- Customer driven, innovative space technologies and services